The goat herd was expanded at our farm several years ago to accommodate the growing demand for goat meat in the Chicago restaurant market. We are currently only selling whole goats which can be delivered in carcass form or broke into primals/hanging retail cuts according to customer preference. We generally sell 3 classes of goats including: young suckling goats, finished butcher goats or larger mature goats. We crossbreed Nubian and Boer goats, which result in heavier muscled and higher meat quality products than traditional dairy goats. Our goats are raised on pasture and supplemented with hay and grain in the winter months. Some of the goats we market are also produced by other local farmers who hold to the same production practices.
- Suckling goat’s app. 20-35 lbs. 8.99/lb.
- Butcher goat’s app. 40-65 lbs. 6.99/lb.
- Mature goats (generally used for braising and grinding applications) app. 65-100 lbs. 5.29/lb.
We raise two breeds of chickens on our farm, one to produce eggs and the other specifically for meat. Our meat chickens are a Cornish rock cross, which results in young, tender chickens with lots of natural flavor. Our chickens are not fed steroids or animal by-products and are naturally processed without additives or preservatives. We offer 3 sizes of whole broilers. 2 or 2 ½ lb. birds are generally used as a roaster chicken and a 3 ½ lb. size is better suited for breaking into different cuts.
All our chickens are sold per bird, not per lb. and are priced at $12.00 each. Please contact us for wholesale prices.
We offer whole fryer rabbits on a weekly basis. Most of them are New Zealand and California breed. Our rabbits are raised by a younger family member as well as a neighboring farmer. These rabbits generally dress around 2.75 lbs. each and are only sold whole.
Whole Rabbits available for $22.00 each.
The most recent addition to our product list is all natural locally grown turkeys. Since turkeys and chickens do not grow well together we have a few other farmers in the area who raise the turkeys for us following our production standards. We offer both ground turkeys and whole birds.
Whole Turkeys under 18 lbs. – $3.99/lb.
Whole Turkeys 18 lbs. and up – $3.79/lb.
Ground Turkey – $6.89/lb.
One of our very popular items is our farm fresh eggs. Our Golden Buff chickens lay large brown eggs with nice rich yolks. The hens are not fed any antibiotics, hormones or animal by-products and are raised in a completely cage free environment. These healthy eggs are packaged on our own farm before being distributed directly to our customers. It is very common for our customers to receive eggs that are only a few days rather than several weeks old compared to most commercial eggs.
Our Khaki Campbell and Indian Runner ducks provide us with a steady supply of rich wholesome eggs. These free range ducks are allowed to forage the pastures for fresh vegetation and insects. They are supplemented with additional all natural feed, especially during the cold months.
Cage free chicken eggs by the dozen are available at:
Publican Quality Meats – 825 West Fulton Market Chicago, IL 60607
Fresh Market Place – 2134 N Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
Duck eggs available special order through Publican Quality Meats and Fresh Market Place.
Our fresh IL lamb, which is becoming a staple in Chicago’s fine dining restaurants, is raised by both the Slagel Family Farm operation as well as a handful of other local farmers. As our product demand has grown, we have begun working with several producers raising high quality lambs, including the following breeds: Katahdin, Dorper, Dorset, Cheviot and Polypays. All our lambs are raised mostly on grass and alfalfa as well as a small amount of grain. Lambs are available whole or as the following cuts:
- soup bones
- leg of lamb roasts
- other cuts
- Whole cleaned lambs 35lbs and under: $8.99/lb.
- Whole cleaned lambs 40 lbs. and over: $6.99/lb.
- Whole lambs over 45 lbs. including processing and packaging into cuts $7.99/lb.
- Lamb Chops – $17.50
- Bone-in Shoulder Roast – $8.99
- Soup Bones – $5.99
- Leg of Lamb Roast – $8.99
- 10 lb. box Lamb Bones for Broth – $30.00 ($200 minimum waived)
- Other Cuts Available
Proclaimed as the best burger of Chicago, our locally produced, all natural beef is becoming more and more popular. We raise Batavian cattle on a diet of grass, grain and alfalfa, hay and wheat straw. We do not strictly feed all grass or all grain to our cattle since we feel some variation in their diet is beneficial. Our cattle do not receive hormones or implants, so they must be fed for 18-24 months, which is considerable longer than industry averages. By combining this breed of cattle with properly managed production techniques, we result in premium quality beef which generally grades high choice and prime. This prime beef is then dry aged at our processing facility approximately 25 days to enhance the product quality even further. The carcasses are then hand-cut to order into steaks (which can be dry aged even further if desired), dry aged ground beef, roasts and many other cuts. Beef is available by the whole, side, quarter, eighth or individual cuts.
All bulk beef is priced per pound carcass weight. Some of this weight will be lost in bone and trimmings during processing. Bulk orders can be picked up at our store or at one of our drop-off points in Chicago. We also offer individual retail cuts available at our store or delivered to one of our drop off locations every Wednesday. Bulk beef can be cut into a combination of the following cuts:
- arm roast
- chuck roast
- boneless arm roast
- beef rib roast
- rib eye steaks
- short ribs
- bone-in ribeye steaks
- strip steaks
- sirloin steaks
- sirloin tip roast
- sirloin tip steaks
- round steaks
- tenderized round steak
- rump roast
- soup bones
- stew meat
- bulk hamburger
- 1/4, 1/3, or 1/2 lb. hamburger patties
Beef Products in Bulk
*all priced per pound pre-cut carcass weight*
- 1/8 of a beef (app 115 pounds) 3.99/lb.
- Split side (1/4 of beef) app 225 pounds 3.82/lb.
- Half beef app 450 pounds 3.67/lb.
Our retail beef list is priced per pound as follows:
(please specify thickness. 1″ is standard)
- New York Strip Bone-in – $19.24
- New York Strip Boneless – 22.89
- Boneless Ribeye – $22.89
- Bone-In Ribeye – $19.24
- T-Bone – $19.24
- Porterhouse – $21.37
- Fillet – $26.99
- Flat Iron (unportioned approx. 4 lbs.) – $10.99
- Flank – $ 11.99
- Hanging Tender – $11.99
- Boneless Sirloin – $13.79
- Bone-In Sirloin – $9.99
- Skirt Steak – $11.99
- Swiss Steak – $5.99
- Cube Steak – $7.99
- Round Steak – $5.99
- Tenderized Round – $6.85
Beef Roasts & Hamburger
(standard is app 4 lbs.)
- Arm Roast – $6.81
- Brisket – $8.59
- Chuck Roast – $6.81
- Bnls chuck roast $7.23
- Whole Tenderloin – $23.99
- Prime Rib Bone-in- $19.24
- Prime Rib Boneless – 22.89
- Rolled Rump – $6.97
- Inside Round – $6.97
- Short Ribs – $5.99
- Short Ribs Boneless – $9.59
- Sirloin Butt Boneless- $11.39
- Sirloin Flap – $8.59
- Sirloin Tip – $7.18
- Sirloin Tri-Tip – $8.59
- Soup Bones – $4.75
- Stew Meat – $7.99
- Ground Beef – $6.29
- Extra Lean Ground Beef – $6.59
- 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 lb. Hamburger Patties – $6.59
Other Beef Items
- Specialty Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Hamburger Patties. 8 oz. $7.99/lb.
- Beef Heart $4.99
- Beef Kidney $3.19
- Sliced Beef Liver $3.89
- Whole Beef Liver $2.49
- Beef Marrow Bones $3.99
- Beef Tongue $8.99
- Beef Oxtail $6.99
- Beef Suet $1.99
- Beef Tendons $4.99
- 10 lb. box of beef bones for broth – $30.00 ($200 minimum waived)
Information coming soon.
The product we are most well-known for is our fresh, high quality pork. We have been developing our own genetic herd for several decades and only add new breeding stock, which has been carefully selected to enhance meat quality. Our current genetic line includes a combination of Berkshire, Duroc and Yorkshire breeds. These hogs are naturally bred and raised in open lots where they have access to the outdoors and an unlimited feed supply including a diet of grain and vegetable scraps. During processing at our slaughter facility the hogs are scalded rather than skinned which makes them an excellent option for whole hog roasts and cookouts. Pigs are available in all sizes, ranging from 25 lb. Suckling pig up to large market hogs between 200 & 300 lbs. They are sold as whole hogs, halves and individual cuts which can be picked up at our store or drop-off location in Chicago. Pork can be cut into a combination of the following cuts:
- pork shoulder roast
- pork steaks
- pork chops:
- americas cut
- loin roasts
- fresh side/belly
- spare ribs
- babyback ribs
- country style ribs
- smoked & cured hams
- ham steaks
- ham hocks
- fresh hocks
- pork patties
- ground pork
- bulk sausage
- italian sausage
- rope sausage
- breakfast links
- sausage patties
We offer whole, cleaned unprocessed hogs for those of you who are interested in doing hog roasts or cutting the hogs up yourself. Prices for whole, cleaned hogs are as follows:
- Whole market hog 200 lbs. and up 2.05 /lb.
- Whole hog 160-190 pounds 2.15 /lb.
- Whole hog 130-155 pounds 2.55/lb.
- Whole hog 90-125 pounds 3.25/lb.
- Half hog 90-110 pounds 2.55/lb.
- Whole hog 65-85 pounds 3.90/lb.
- Suckling pig 35-60 pounds 4.97/lb.
- Suckling pig 20-30 pounds 6.59/lb.
We also offer processed hogs for an additional .60/lb. including packaging and delivery to one of our drop off points in Chicago. If you would like any curing done it is an additional .60/lb.
Our large selection of retail pork products are cut fresh every week. We offer a full selection of chops, roasts, smoked hams, and handmade sausages. Feel free to contact us with any other questions you may have regarding specialty cuts.
Various sizes between 3 and 15 pounds. Let us know what you would prefer.
- Country smoked and cured bone-in ham roast $5.23/lb.
- Country smoked and cured boneless ham roast $7.23/lb.
- Fresh unsmoked pork ham roast bone-in $3.18/lb.
- Bone-in pork loin roast $8.25/lb.
- Boneless whole pork loin $8.99/lb.
- Pork shoulder roast bone-in $4.79/lb.
- Boneless netted pork shoulder $5.13/lb.
- Boneless sirloin roast $5.69/lb.
- Whole pork tenderloin (app 1 lb.) $12 ea.
- Smoked or fresh hocks $4.79/lb.
- Fresh pork shanks $5.29/lb.
- Pork Collar $6.89/lb.
Pork Chops, Steaks, and Ribs
Thickness cut to order 3/4″ to 2″ thick
- Bone in chops $8.89/lb.
- Butterfly Chops $8.99/lb.
- American cut chops $8.99/lb.
- Tenderized pork cutlets $5.35/lb.
- Pork shoulder steak $6.89/lb.
- Baby-back ribs $8.59/lb.
- Pork spare ribs $5.99/lb.
- Country-style ribs $7.29/lb.
- Country cured and hickory smoked bacon $9.89/lb.
- Slab bacon (app 10 lbs. ea.) $8.89/lb.
- Fresh pork belly $7.89/lb.
- Fresh pork belly whole (app 10lbs. ea.) 6.29/lb.
- Fully cooked BBQ Pork (5 lb. container) $5.25/lb.
- Fresh pork jowl $4.89/lb.
- Pork heart $3.39/lb.
- Pork liver $1.99/lb.
- Pork trotters $2.49/lb.
- Pork skin $2.59/lb.
- Fresh cooking lard (5#) $14.00 ea.
- Pork fatback $2.79/lb.
- Pork ears $2.25/ea.
- Pork neck bones $2.99/lb.
- 10 lbs. pork bones for broth – $30.00 ($200 minimum waived)
Pork Patties and Sausage
All the following product is sold in ten pound boxes with individual packages inside since we must make a minimum of 10 lbs. of sausage per batch. All sausage products are also available in our special Italian seasoning
- Fresh pork bratwurst $5.69/lb.
- Specialty cheddar pepper onion brats $6.89/lb.
- Pork burger patties $3.89/lb.
- Bulk ground pork $3.40/lb.
- Bulk breakfast sausage $3.99/lb.
- Breakfast sausage links $5.69/lb.
- Rope sausage $4.69/lb.
- Sausage patties 1/4 pounders $4.59/lb.